WTF? Britney Spears does Dip Dye Hair at the iHeart Radio Music Festival
So, Britney Spears has pink hair
Why is this news-worthy? Coz it’s ONLY SHOCKING LOOKING.
Dip-dye has been knocking about for some time now, with varying degrees of success. In it’s heyday, it was the club kids of London rocking the Bleach London look - all the part-time models with a hint of pink, Pixie Geldof with a hue of blue. It was underground, edgy, dirty, messy – it was for people who couldn’t afford regular blow-drys, so they just attacked their hair with some highlighter pens, threw on some ripped denim and DIY studded vests and headed out to a 48 hour rave. When it hits the mainstream, it lacks authenticity. There’s been a few who’ve had a go and it worked out well – Kate Bosworth (natch…even though she was a wee bit late to the party) and Nicola Roberts has been WORKIN’ it on Styled to Rock with a messy top-knot of baby pink curls.
When Spears does it, it’s just WRONG.
It’s just nasty, cheap and does nothing for Britney’s identity – it’s just a confused look. A confused look for a Japanese school-girl. Britney, c’maaaaaan. You gotta start looking a little more graceful.
Images from: Just Jared, Handbag.com, Expostas, Daily Mail.
Twitting Around Town
- RT @totallydublin: http://t.co/7f4wjG4fHN It's a new week, which means a blank slate for lunch, which means check out our sandwiches list. 12:15:03 PM May 07, 2013
- The World Snooker Championships. Tears. Not mine. The boyf's. Only boys. #mancrush #boysandsport 08:36:26 PM May 06, 2013
- ok, some serious twitching action in my knee after running. @toughathlon a week away now...any advice? #runnersknee 04:49:14 PM May 06, 2013
- Any thoughts for coordinating a gold metallic top? Can one do gold-on-gold-on-gold? #fbloggers 10:14:52 PM May 05, 2013
- Facials: nice in the moment, facial warfare the week after. 10:13:36 PM May 05, 2013